Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Updates

We got a lawn mower! When you only have 20 square feet of grass (if that) you can get by pretty well with a push mower. For the past few years we have used a weed whacker, unfortunately last year it broke so we borrowed from neighbors to get by. We did this because push mowers are more expensive than we liked, but this year a neighbor moved and not thinking they would need a push mower where they were going they sold it to us! YEAH! The back yard very much needed a trim. J was enthralled. I told him he had 4 years to get strong enough and then it would be his chore to mow the lawn. He smiled.
This is what J looked like on Tuesday, after his nap. That's not food on his face, it's goobers. He looked 100 % better than he did when he woke up that morning, his eyes were glued shut and he wouldn't allow me to clean them for him, so he walked into walls and pieces of furniture, it was both Hilarious and Sad. I wish I had thought to take some video.
This is J about 24 hours after starting Antibiotics.
That is right, I took him into the doctor and sure enough he didn't just have a bad cold, he had a double eye infection with a side of ear infection. Because of the ear infection he was prescribed oral antibiotics, this means that I don't have to fight with him to get him to let me put antibiotic eye drops in, YEAH, unfortunately Wal-Mart (which up until yesterday was our normal pharmacy) changed their supplier of generic drugs, so instead of fruit punch flavored medication they gave a 2 year old Citrus Banana flavored antibiotics. I tasted it, it tastes like Grapefruit so it didn't surprise me when J didn't like it at all.

And here is my Granola, does it look a little too brown? It is. First try, not quite burnt, actually a little tangy. I don't feel too badly about it because I didn't buy anything special, I just used the items I had on hand. Next time I will put in more Cinnamon, some Almonds and I will bake it for a shorter amount of time.

The final update, I really don't like the weather. It is making me sad. Too much rain, not enough sunshine. I have a lot of housework to do today, it needs to get done today because I am going to Woman's Conference tomorrow and Friday. I really don't think it is going to get done. There is always Saturday, right? Saturday, is a special day, it's the day we do the things we should have done on Wednesday!

No comments: