Friday, October 3, 2008

So Big!

Lately the baby has not been holding my hands as I hold his bottle. Most of the time he would contort his hand so that he could grab onto my shirt and some times his arms would move so rapidly and erratically that he would hit himself or me. I didn't like this pattern and on Wednesday I had an impression that I followed. It has been working quite well.

Basically, Babies hands have to be on the bottle at all times, if he lets go, the bottle drops. He picked up on this quite quickly and by Wednesday night I was barely holding up the bottle. On Thursday I decided to give him a smaller bottle that might be a little easier for him to hold. Because it is a 4 oz bottle and he eats between 6 and 8 ozs I had to switch the nipple onto another bottle half way through the feeding, but it worked. I will try to get him to hold up the bigger bottle soon, for now I am just proud of my baby boy and his bottle holding abilities. Here are some pictures of what he can do,
He can now admire his food
He can eat and play with his feet at the same time!

He rolled over and discovered that the milk was gone

And for Dessert- His Bib!

1 comment:

Christy said...

When I see him eating his bib, I think...he really is a snugglesaurus. :-)