Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sad, Sad, Sad!

I know what you are thinking. "But that baby doesn't look sad!" and it is true. This is a picture that I took last Thursday, we had just returned from the Doctor's office. We had to go to see the doctor because I, yes I, let the baby fall off the changing table and he landed on his head.

He was fine, the doctor said, and as you can see from the picture he was pretty happy that day too. As my friend Kristen said "It looks like he just got on the Happy Train" when she saw this picture.
Well, when Baby B woke up this morning, he had most definitely gotten off the Happy Train. He was fussy and hot. I took his temperature, 100.4. A while later after he wouldn't really eat (and threw up what I did manage to get him to eat) and just wanted to be held and moan I took his temperature again, 100.8. Since it was going up I figured I would give him some medicine in the hopes that it would help with whatever was causing his discomfort. It didn't take long before I had my smiling baby back, but the medicine also didn't stop the fever from continuing to rise.

Early this afternoon I talked him into eating some more. While I was feeding him I noticed that his ear looked a little wet. I felt it, there was definitely ear drainage. So off to the doctor we went. Double ear infection with a burst right eardrum. Poor Baby, same thing happened 6 weeks ago. It came on so fast. Yesterday he showed no signs of fever or discomfort, but he did have a runny nose. But he slept all night, ALL NIGHT! The doctor had checked his ears on Thursday and they were perfectly clear. If it happens again anytime soon our Doctor will refer us to an ENT to get some tubes. He takes after his mother I guess. We all have weaknesses, mine and Baby B's are our ear drums.

No comments: