Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Keeping Secrets

Ken and I have had a secret that in the past few months I have started to share with people. It came to the point that people were going to know anyway, and I didn’t know why it even needed to be a secret. I will start at the beginning and let you tell me what you think, Should I be ashamed or my secret or revel in my future opportunities because of the secret.

A little while after we purchased our house, we also purchased a “Vacation Club Membership”. (Another name for Vacation Club is Time Share). Why did we do this? Well, the opportunity presented itself, and we discussed it, when it came down to it we realized that purchasing this membership would force us to take a vacation at least every 3 years, and we would even have lodging options in such places as Hawaii or Europe, not to mention the fact that there are 4 resorts right here in Utah.

You should know that we didn’t need to finance this, we paid for it, and it is ours. We have also prayed about it and feel like it will be a good thing for our family. So why did we keep it secret, and why do we wonder if people judge us after they know we have a time-share? Telling some members of my family this weekend made me feel like I was confessing some great sin! Why? Really, Why?

Anyway, I am excited. Next year is going to be fun. Right now the plan is to take a 3 or 4-day trip to St. George with some friends in the Spring- before it is too hot. And then in June I hope to take another 3 or 4-day trip to Bear Lake to support any of my family members who run the Bear Lake ½ Marathon, I am even considering running the 10k, more on that to come later.

So now that you know my big secret, do you still love me? Do I need to go looking for new friends? Or are you all going to be lining up at my door asking if you can vacation with me?

3 comments:

HiccupMeL said...

Girl, I am proud of you. Everyone needs a little vacation now and then. And, I'm a really good babysitter... hint, hint, hint. ;)

Angie said...

My inlaws have a timeshare in Maui and it has been a source of vacation fun for all the members of the family at one time or another. One brother even used the trading value to take his wife to Paris! So, I think it's fabulous and yeah for you!

Unknown said...

I'll be lining up at your door! You just keep me posted on when and where. But seriously, you can have some great times and if you get the chance to go abroad and take your family, then you should. Those are opportunities you shouldn't pass up. Neither are the small vacations in the state neighborhood. Quality and quantity time are both important when raising a family.