Wednesday, December 3, 2008

ESCAPE!

He is not crying, in fact I think there was a squeal of delight when the door closed after he had made it safely out of the house. I use the word "Safely" loosely, because after this squeal of delight he rolled over and was inches from the two front steps........... Still there was great joy, on his part, for the accomplishment of what I am sure was a long planed escape.
It all started when I decided that I hated the fact that our glass door slammed shut. About two weeks ago I adjusted it so that it didn't slam, but now it takes about 5 minutes to shut. Baby has been interested in the slow closing door for about a week now, moving towards it whenever someone leaves the house.

Today, I was preparing for our morning walk, I had just set up the stroller outside and when I came in to get the baby I noticed that there was an email from Ken, so I quickly checked it. I was sure that the baby would not be able to get to the door. On of our biggest fears is that the baby will get hit by the door as it closes. Well, Baby is much faster than I thought. I heard the door shut, I didn't hear a whine of annoyance, or a scream of pain, in fact I didn't hear much at all. I ran to the door and discovered that he had successfully escaped!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now THAT's funny! He was sure determined!

Kristen said...

OH. WOW! I'm glad it didn't hit him, although the fall down the steps may be a bit more memorable! What a sneaky little guy.