Sunday, May 1, 2011

Big Boys

A week ago, Saturday, I let J dye some eggs. He was in heaven, and his hands were blue.
I didn't help him too much, I made the dye and I put the eggs in, initially, so they wouldn't splash too much and J took over from there. He rolled the eggs around in the dye so that they would be colored evenly. And then he surprised me by moving the eggs around to different colors. His eggs turned out quit well.
We had a full day that day, after coloring eggs we went to a 1st birthday party for cousin A. Then we ran over to an Easter egg hunt. J is getting good at all things candy related, and egg hunts are very much candy related. He needed absolutely no help to know what to do. On the way home from the Easter egg hunt he gorged himself on the candy. Before we arrived home he had thrown his baseball basket to the floor of the car and he didn't ask for candy for quite a while after that. Too much of a good thing can make you sick.
We had a Wonderful Easter Sunday. I, being the only girl in the family, got a new Easter dress. It was white and so I spiced it up a bit by making a green ribbon belt with a big pink flower, I also got a cute new green necklace to match. Here is proof that we all looked really cute. But Easter isn't about looking cute, is it?
No, Easter is about our Savior Jesus Christ! It is a day for us all to remember and celebrate that Christ the Lord is Risen from the Dead. I love my Savior. I am grateful for all he has done for me and all that his gospel brings into my life. I can not express just how much I love him, how much love I feel from him. I celebrate Easter one day a year, but I hope that I remember him and honor him every day.

And, in parting, let me share this last picture. This is how I found J after a nap one day. He isn't in his bed, he had placed all his books and stuffed animals into the crib, then climbed into the crib and slept there himself. My Big J is sometimes jealous of my Baby B. I think this is normal. I am trying my best to make sure that both of my boys understand just how much I love each one of them individually.
Oh, and he also put on a tie, all by himself. Who knew that nap time was a formal occasion?!

No comments: