Thursday, September 3, 2009

Yummy!

We had a bad food day yesterday, I could not please Baby J with anything that I offered him. He eventually went to bed hungry.

Today I had breakfast ready before he even woke up. A fried egg and some cantaloupe. He didn't want it, so we went in search of food again, and finally found some fruit roll ups that he wanted. I held him on my lap while greedily ate, then I slyly put the plate of egg and melon on his lap, he ate all of that too, then he asked for his milk!!!!! YEAH!!!!! Every hour or so he asks for more food. I remembered that I made some black beans yesterday and so I offered him some.

What do you think, did this kid enjoy his black beans?
"Are they good? Do you want some more? " the hand clapping was the YES answer I was looking for.

I love this last picture because his eyes are staring at the bowl of black beans I was holding in my other hand. He almost looks like he has been hypnotized by the beans.


5 comments:

Angie said...

Ah the old bait and switch. I use it often with my picky children. Sometimes I wonder if in their hunger filled despair, they can't conceive of anything different being tasty and once they get a little food in their tummies they find a way to become more magnanimous in their food choices. I don't know. I just know that food is a regular fight on so many levels for me. I wish you much more success than I currently have!

emily said...

Hillarious! That last picture is priceless!

Christy said...

Too funny....

Janaca said...

So cute! I love the pictures. He looks very into those bean! Good job. Getting kids to eat good can be tough.

Arit said...

That is so funny! Fanny LOVES black beans, too, and I like giving them to her because they are a great source of protine =).

Baby J is SOOOOO CUTE!!! I've loved checking out your blog this summer. The pictures on this post are GREAT! We can't wait to see him, and all of you, soon!