Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Drowsy life, or “My nose hurts. Is it broken? Who broke my Nose?”

The title got you didn’t it. You need to know; you keep asking yourself “Is Kate’s Nose Broken? Who broke her nose?” Well it all started with the exhaustion- I was very tired earlier this week, as you may know if you read the last post. I woke up at 2:40 AM on Wednesday Morning, not because the baby was crying but because several areas of my body hurt, mostly joints- Ankles, Knees, a Hip and oddly my Nose. I took some pain medication; by the time it kicked in the baby was in need of assistance and so I rolled him back over and, pain free, returned to bed and to sleep.

Wednesday found me quite well rested- in fact I only took a short nap in the morning and I was able to run and do some other fun chores. But my nose hurt. It was odd, I am used to the leg pain- any change in weather will make my legs hurt, but my nose, that was just weird. Do you have any idea how much you move your nose during a day? I move mine a lot and each time it moved, it hurt. I wouldn’t mind the pain if there was magic associated with the nose movements. But sadly, no magic, just one hurt nose that moves too much.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed I asked Ken over and over again “Why does my nose hurt? Is it broken? Who broke my nose?" I was asking my self other questions "I don’t remember walking into any walls; do you think that if I walked into a wall or hit myself hard enough, I would forget that it happened? Who broke my nose?” I looked at myself in the mirror and my nose did look a little swollen, and it hurt- right on the bridge and down in the cartilage. Ken must have been saying a silent prayer that I would remember what happened or fall asleep, because that is exactly what happened.

The answer came to me in a flash! On Tuesday I tried to nap each time the baby napped, and before my second nap I tried to do a little reading. Well I was very tired, and for some reason I was holding the book above my head. I remember dropping the book on my head, I was sleepy enough that I gave up trying to read at that point and went to sleep. So my questions to Ken became more specific, “Can a book break my nose?” I don’t remember if he answered, I was asleep pretty soon after I asked. Ken must have a lot of faith.

So here I am, it is Thursday, my nose still hurts, but at least I know why. I don’t think it is really broken- but you never know it does hurt quite a bit. I think I might be the only person in the world who gets attacked by inanimate objects, but hey it is just that kind of week.

No comments: