Friday, March 30, 2012

4 is Fabulous!

On Sunday we Celebrated Ken, J and Cousin P's Birthdays. J and P were born one year apart on the same day, I think that's pretty special. So, Ken isn't a huge chocolate fan, the rest of the family pretty much are chocolate fiends :) and I made sure that one of the birthday cakes was Ken appropriate. That one that looks like a polar bear- yep that one- it is just what a man in his mid-thirties wants for his birthday cake don't you think? It was a coconut cake and it was SPECTACULAR! J liked what it looked like, but when it came time to cut the cakes he asked for a piece of P's cake- in fact he asked for a piece with a pink flower on top. That's okay, the coconut cake was a hit with just about everyone else.
And J was in HEAVEN with his gifts. Here is his new best friend- Mr. Buzz Lightyear. I think they actually kind of look alike. J has had lots of fun with his new buddy over the last few days. Yesterday Buzz took 3 or 4 naps, each time J put him down for a nap I was told "Shhhhh, my son is sleeping, you have to be super quiet" And I was super quiet but Buzz still woke up. oh well.
Ken and I set a limit of $20 for birthday gifts and so we try hard to look out for great birthday gift options throughout the year. We picked up a Super Hero dress up trunk on the day after Thanksgiving last year and kept it high up in our closet. As you can see, it too was a hit. In fact, Captain America came shopping with me the other day. He was the Belle of the WalMart Ball.
Yep, Iron Man and Spiderman were also in the trunk. We have one happy little boy.
J also got some fake mustaches! They grow up so fast, don't they.
My little baby boy is almost a Man! Just as an FYI, J had his 4 year old check up. He is 42 1/5 inches tall and weighs 39 pounds. He is in the 91st percentile for height and 78th for weight. Our Doctor was quite impressed with how muscular J is. J also showed off his imagination by telling the doctor lots of stories about how the lions wake him up at night and other similar things. And to top it all off, he pulled down his pants to show the doctor his big boy underpants, I assured the doctor that J doesn't show EVERYONE his underpants, but since that day J has discovered a love of peeing outside.....so I guess I am not quite done parenting. We love this little boy of ours. At times, like most 4 year olds, he can be quite frustrating, but most of the time he is just a big ball of pure joy. I can't imagine what life would be like without him.

No comments: