Wednesday, March 21, 2012


A few weeks ago Ken asked me what I wanted for my Birthday. At first I said I didn't know, but then I remembered a cute black dress I got at the DI and I told Ken that I wanted to go out for a fancy dinner. THEN I realized how much fancy dinners cost and I decided that I wanted to go to the Lehi Library Gala, it was a dinner and concert at the cost of $18 per ticket. AND IT'S A GALA SO IT'S FANCY RIGHT? Well, not so fancy. But we looked cute! Ate well and were very well entertained by Voicemale.
Oddly enough, even though there are 4 birthdays in a 4 day period in my extended family (3 of which belong to my immediate family) I was the only one who was celebrated this last Sunday- the other 3 get cake and presents next week. My Mom made me a cake and even found a really, really big candle.
My Mommy also got me this cute little patio table! It's perfect, I've been wanting a patio table for years. I think J is plotting for the table to be his someday.
On Monday night we went to Baskin Robbins and collected on our Free Birthday Scoops! J picked something that was green blue and purple in color and he enjoyed it thoroughly.
I gave B my scoop, I think we got him chocolate chop. He ate the whole thing, he's a good little eater. And don't feel bad for me- I replaced my free scoop with a pretty much free (used IHC Starbucks that I got for Christmas a couple of years ago- they can be used at Hospital Cafeterias or Salt Lake County Baskin Robbins locations) dipped waffle cone filled with peanut butter chocolate goodness.
NOW- I have as yet failed to mentions the most AMAZING part of my birthday. I haven't had much luck with sleeping lately, I wake up at odd times and on odd days and can't seem to go back to sleep. Sunday night was like that I woke up at 3:30 and just stayed awake. So when Ken's alarm went off at 5:20 I was none to pleased. Birthdays are supposed to be wonderful days, full of joy and happiness and mine was not starting out that way. I was exhausted. I cried under my pillow and right around the time Ken left for work- a little after 6, I was able to go back to sleep. At about 7:15 I woke up, AMAZED that J hadn't come in to see me yet, and sure enough a minute or two later I heard the bedroom door open. I fully expected to see J little face, to hear his voice as he lifted the pillow off my head (did I mention I sleep with a pillow on my head? I do) But instead I saw a Man, I lifted the Pillow and there was Ken?!?!?! "What are you doing here?" " I took the day off, I brought breakfast!" I can not express how quickly Ken turned my day around, what was going to be the worst day ever, was suddenly the best! Thanks Ken

No comments: