Friday, January 27, 2012

Changes

A few months ago I took the safety gate down from around the bottom of the ladder to the loft. Baby B didn't show much interest in climbing and J is an amazing climber, so I wasn't too worried. Yesterday I heard someone shaking the gate/door to the loft- and I was surprised to see my baby happily standing on the top rung of the ladder, giggling and shaking away at the gate. I did not go to find the camera, I bolted up that ladder in .12 seconds flat and I opened the gate and let the poor little silly baby in. He played happily for quite a long time, eventually wanting to come back down. I spent much of the rest of the day with an eye on that little guy, climbing the ladder after him, fearing that he would get the urge to jump (why do I fear that, J never jumped). When Ken got home little B showed off his new skill for Daddy- and I made sure Daddy got a picture.
I haven't been able to run in 3 weeks. It has made me sad :( see, just like that sad face ): The past few days I have been kind of down, and while over the past year or so when I've been down I could look forward to being able to go run, feel like I  had accomplished something and feel good (for some reason sweating makes me feel good) now, I can't run!!!! Stupid Runners Knee- Stop Hurting- I have rested you! I have let you REST! Anyway, I decided I wanted a change and what's easy to change- HAIR, so I got Bangs. I don't remember the last time I had long hair with bangs- it could have been 20 years ago- I may have to look at yearbooks.
So now I get to figure out how to "Train" my bangs. Hopefully I still like them on Monday.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Babies do understand the concept of heights. Researchers have tested it with glass floors and such. So he knows not to purposely jump - but I'd still worry about him falling! That's a tall ladder. But so fun for him while you can be there to catch. Of course then tv comes into play and at his brother's age, their imagination teaches them that they CAN jump. Why is it that most of our kids' early childhood is spent trying to kill themselves?!? Good thing they have vigilant moms!