Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I need to Vacuum

What a Morning! It started at 3am. The Baby had a hard time staying asleep between 3 and 4:30 this morning, and I didn't sleep at all during that time. When Ken left for work at 6:30 I felt like I had died and been reanimated (and as Dumbledore will tell you in "the Tales of Beedle the Bard", Reanimated Corpses are just not the same people as they had been when they were truly living). So I was able to go back to sleep this morning but I had horrible dreams. They all had to do with the first task of the day, which was to go get my hair cut. At first in the dreams I had long hair and I was amazed at how much it had grown, and then the dream took a horrible turn starting with my forgetting to pick up my Friend who was also in need of a hair cut, then my leaving Jared in the Car, then my driving on the wrong side of the road and getting pulled over and finally ending with my hair being shaved off! Shaved off is not the look I was going for.

So the Baby woke up at 7:30, he was happy, I was not quite ready to wake up and so I put a pillow over my head and asked my body and Heavenly father if I could keep sleeping until 8. My wish was granted, at 8 the baby gave his happy little "BAAAAA" which means "I am ready to get out of my crib now" and I got out of bed feeling slightly more refreshed.

I needed to pick up my friend at 8:45, and I spent the entire 45 minutes making sure I would remember to pick her up and trying not to be late. At 8:40 I picked up the baby to put him in the car, he was stinky, I changed him. As he lay there on the changing table I could tell he had something in his mouth but he wouldn't show me, he then started to make little chocking noises. By this point he was changed and dressed and so I decided that I would hold him in a position that would allow whatever he had in his mouth to fall out (it has worked several times before).

Well I got my coat on, got the diaper bag, opened the door, and suddenly there were gagging and vomiting sounds. My Shoes- Direct Hit. The Diaper bag- Very Well Splashed. Rug by front door- Covered. "8:44, I have got to go, I have got to go" Baby- not a drop on him, in fact he was smiling- and in the pool of vomit on the floor there was a little hard piece of bread (leftover, perhaps even hidden for a future day, from yesterdays snack). Baby was smiling, I grabbed some new clothes for him, put the essentials in a different diaper bag and headed out the door.

I didn't forget to pick up my friend and we arrived at the salon only 3 minutes late (strangely at the same time I realized that I had forgotten my friend in the horrible dream). I love Dollar cuts because it cost $10 to get your hair cut- that is if you wash your hair at home and you don't want to have it styled. Well today I woke up late, so I asked to have my hair washed ($3) and then I decided that I had had a horrible morning and I deserved to have beautifully styled hair ($5). My $10 cut turned into an $18 dollar cut- (I also splurged on some product so that I could have cuter hair every day). But it was all for good, I spent more than I had planned, but the experience was nice- having your hair cut by a friend and with another friend there to add to the fun conversation- totally worth the $35 it cost me in the end. (Before I was married I would routinely spend $40-80 just on the hair cut and/or color)

When I got home I had forgotten about the mess just inside the front door that I had to clean up. So the Moral of the story is this- I knew my house was a mess, I knew that I needed to vacuum, in fact Vacuum Carpets is the very first thing on the list of Household chores to do this week. But I didn't do it yesterday. If I had, the baby wouldn't have choked on a piece of yesterdays bread and I wouldn't have to wash my shoes, diaper bag and throw rug. But would I also have not had my hair styled, would I have had as much fun talking about my horrible dreams and not so great first hour of the morning with my friends as I got a mini makeover? I don't think so. The floors will be vacuumed today- but I will always have the memories of my horrible morning to keep me warm.

1 comment:

Christy said...

It was fun! And, we both look amazing!