Wednesday, January 22, 2014

2 Months Continued.....

I remembered a couple of other things AND something AMAZING happened last night.

so.....#4- Nose Bleeds. Nose bleeds are common around here- that's to my genetic material- and little baby E has had way more than her fair share of nose bleeds in the past 2 months. The doctor took a quick look at her nose and didn't see any glaring problems and so we are going to try small and simple things to see if they help stop, or at least lesson the number of, nose bleeds. Basically- we are going to put saline drops in her nose 2 or 3 times a day and use a cold humidifier. We are also going to hope that putting even more saline drops in will help her "boogers" come out on their own without suctioning.

AND the Wonder of Wonder, Miracle of Miracles that happened last night......well, I was kind of anticipating a hard night. Why? Well, my boys had always slept a ton after getting immunizations, but this little girl was different, She hadn't napped well all afternoon AND when I attempted to give her some pain medication (because after you get 3 shots in your tiny legs you often don't feel so great...you're kind of sore and you have a little fever.....) she would choke and throw up.....much much more than just the medication.

At about 8:15 we decided to feed our girl again, it wasn't time to feed her yet, but she had thrown up twice and she was acting hungry- so our assessment was that we should feed her. She feel asleep after drinking the whole bottle, she slept in my arms (upright- "how to prevent reflux) for 30 minutes and then I laid her down in her bed. So I say she fell asleep at 8:30 PM and she woke up......wait for it......wait for it......at 7 AM, she was a very tired girl yesterday night. I do not expect for this amount of sleep to be normal or regular anytime soon, but it gives me hope!

And- now that I am upstairs and have located the growth chart that the doctor gave me, I can tell you that her percentiles were 72nd for weight and 64th for height.

No comments: