Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Anniversary Trip

Oops, I just noticed that I never finished this post......I mean I uploaded pictures 2 weeks ago. What happened? oh yeah, I've been a mess since then......So here you go.

Ken and I went to Wolf Creek! We had a nice little one bedroom condo. Here's Ken in our kitchen :)
We visited the Monastery just outside Huntsville. It was interesting. I've never been to a monastery, we arrived just in time to see them chant. I heard that the youngest of the monks is in his 80's. They are cute, but  it kind of made me sad. No one wants to be a monk anymore?  Here's me in front of the Chapel at the Monastery.
WE at at the Huntsville BBQ Company, it was good- and we got to sit in a ski lift!
We took full advantage of our Condo and I cooked/ prepared 4 of our 6 meals while we were there. I had extra veggies and I decided to put them in some scrambled eggs on the last morning we were there. I knew Ken wouldn't enjoy the veggies as much as I would so I made him some eggs without them- here are my 2 eggs with veggies on the left and Ken's eggs on the right. I love veggies.
We had a great trip, in fact it was so much fun that I started planning our next wolf creek trip immediately after we got home.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! Looks like you had a great time!

As for what you are going through right now. I am so sorry. It's hard to understand why we go through these trials. I wish I had the words that would give you peace and make everything okay. I've searched for those words myself. But there aren't any. It is only the Savior himself that can get you through those dark hours. He will never leave your side, and your faith is what will get you through this. You have one of the strongest testimonies that I have ever heard. Every time I hear you bear it I can feel your spirit. The Lord tries those that are strong, only to make them stronger. Let me know what I can do for you. Love you girl!

The Logan Wheelers said...

When we get home we will have to find out where all these neat places are that you go to. It looked like a fun place. We hope that you are doing better by now and that everything went OK for you.