Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bountifully Blessed

I have been participating with the Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op since just before Baby B was born. A friend of mine told me about it and said that she was able to cut 50% off her food budget one month because of all the food she was getting from Bountiful Baskets. I was curious, so I tried it and sure enough, you do get LOTS of produce a very small cost. It is $15.00 per basket, there is a $1.5 charge per order- so if you get one basket it is $16.50 total but if you get 4 baskets it is $61.50. I was very, very, very lucky to be asked to be a Volunteer Site Coordinator for a Bountiful Basket Site in our town, (and because of that- and the 3+ hours that I put in "Coordinating"), I get a free basket. Blessing! Here is what my basket looked like today.
For Fruit, 2 Pineapples, 1 pound Strawberries, 1 container of Blackberries, 7 Bananas, 6 Apples and a Cantaloupe. For Veggies Asparagus, Green Leaf Lettuce, 6 Roma Tomatoes, Neon Green Cauliflower, Garlic and about a pound of Green Beans.

I am thinking of making some Fruit Salsa! YUM!

If you are interested in knowing more or if you would like to see if there is a Bountiful Baskets location near you, here is their website- bountifulbaskets.org . Happy Eating!

No comments: