Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Poor Mr Potato Head

He must be sad that he is not as cute as my boys are!
J has been putting this particular Mr. Potato Head mouth on wrong this week, I told Mr. Head to quickly turn that frown upside down, but he just won't. Silly Mr. Potato Head. He looks so frustrated, he must need more sleep.
For some reason my boys think they are boxers, I had to get a picture when I saw Baby B in this position the other day.....

Because I knew I had a picture of J as an infant in almost the exact same position. The only difference being J had an actual target....I always thought he liked penguins....
A little update, Sleep, I am all about sleep, making sure that my kids get sufficient rest is a big thing to me. I believe that a well rested child is a happy child, and 90% of the time I think J is proof of that, 10% of the time he is just as much of a pill as any other two year old boy is.

So I have been working will Baby B, trying to get him "sleep trained" as some might call it. Basically my goal is to have him be able to go to sleep on his own, so that in the future when he wakes up at night, but is not hungry or sick, he will be able to return to sleep on his own- thus allowing his parents to get more sleep too. I have told you before about how I felt competent enough prior to baby B's birth, but that he had thrown me for a loop and had me all confused. Well, guess what? He has taken pity on me, or my training has actually worked. Quite often, in fact the majority of the times that baby B goes to sleep, he is put down drowsy but still awake, and he is able to go to sleep on his own. There is at lease one time per day that he protests, I think this is more my thinking he is sleepier than he really is, and so I have not faulted him for it. Another great sleep improvement has been that his naps are getting longer, today he had two 1.5 hour naps and one 3 hour nap. Last night he went to sleep at 8 and woke up at 1:15- that is 5 hours! YEAH!

I am still not quite getting enough sleep but I have hope, I have faith, I believe that things are going to work out just fine! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I might not see it yet but I know it is there.

Oh and the best part of all- I weighed myself today and I have lost all the weight I gained this pregnancy! Now I will focus on the 10 pounds I still have from my first pregnancy, and then I will work on getting down to my goal weight....which I still have yet to choose. What do you think, what is a good weight for me? The range for a medium build is 139-154. (I have chosen medium build according to a calculation I found online measuring the size of the bone in your elbow). I have previously been told that I should try to maintain a weight on the lower end of the range....so what do you think? Give me a goal?

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

I'm so glad you are getting more sleep!

As for the weight thing, you should be so proud of yourself. You dropped that baby weight so fast. Just keep doing what you're doing. You'll be to your goal wait before you know it!