Thursday, November 14, 2013

Young Love

When I was in kindergarten I fell in love for the first time. I fell hard. His name was David and he was color blind and I was sure that he NEEDED ME, because, you know, he was color blind. So was it love or was it compassion? We may never know. Fun fact- 23 years later, I married a Color Blind man....HE NEEEEEEDS MEEEE!

For the past month or so I've been volunteering for 30 minutes each Thursday in J's kindergarten classroom. One of our neighbors is in J's class. She is a sweet little girl who I will call O. J and O are in love :) They have been now for a few weeks. Last week J told me that he loved O, I asked him what that meant, he said "I love all my friends and cousins". I told him that was great.  Today in class, O, who sits at a different table from J, was working hard position herself in line so that she could stand next to J while they walked to their music time. A boy at J's table noticed this and said "I think you and O like each other". J smiled and quickly replied "Yeah, I love her".

I felt this was too cute not to share :)

After I finished volunteering I went to a local store and bought my baby girl some bows that will attach to the soft headbands I've made for her. I bought a piece of "chocolate tuxedo cake" for me. To tie all this together with the Young Love theme, I fully admit that I can't wait to meet this baby!!!! I love her!!!! I'm pretty sure that the boys all fall in love with her immediately.

1 comment:

Lisha said...

So cute. I can't wait to meet her either. :)