Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Dance

Two steps forward, one step back. Sometimes you spin around wildly, other times you make slow, deliberate movements. That's the dance. That is life. There are probably some people who watch our dances and think "WHAT in the WORLD is this supposed to be?" and there may be others who think that our dances are the most beautiful things they have ever seen. This is what I've been thinking about today. We all have our own story and each of our dances look a little different and hopefully, we all feel that our own dance is beautiful.

Dancing is hard work, it's painful at times but it's also exhilarating. If we focus on the pain or how hard it is, we will probably give up long before we become very good at dancing. But if we enjoy the exhilaration and if we allow ourselves to laugh at our mistakes and missteps we will discover that we are stronger and we can keep moving, keep dancing for as long as we need and want to dance.

As that one song says (sorry I don't know the name, but we've all heard it), I hope you dance! I hope I dance, I want to dance in the rain and in the sunshine. I want to live a full and fulfilling life, and I think I am, even though sometimes I have to just focus on taking two steps forward.

Right now, if you could see my dance, I think you would say "Wow, this dance is about hope!" I have a lot of hope right now. I don't have a ton of energy, and everything in my life and home isn't perfect, but it's good enough for me, it's great for right now. I'm dancing my dance. I'm recognizing tiny blessings, tender mercies and I am doing my best to keep the faith. It feels good.

Here are some of the exhilarating parts of my dance right now. Winter- not so much, I'm not a big fan of winter BUT I'm enjoying running so much that I could care less that it's cold and snowy outside.
And my boys have been making my life super fun lately. Ken is included in "my boys" even though I don't have a picture of any of his recent antics. This is what it B looks like after he enjoys a big plate of spaghetti with meat sauce.
Our J also enjoyed his spaghetti but he uses a fork so he is much less messy after such a yummy meal. BUT he also LOVES to have his picture taken :) so we took it.
More pictures will come soon!

No comments: