Saturday, March 16, 2013

New (to us) Bed for our Birthdays

A few months ago I told Ken that I wanted a bed- a head board/ foot board combo type of bed. I've always been partial to sleigh beds. We went shopping and found a couple of options but we never bought anything and getting a bed got pushed to the back burner. 

Then earlier this week I happened to see a post on a local yard sale site that announced the sale of a sleigh bed for $100, considering the other beds we had been looking at were $500-$800 dollars I hoped that Ken would feel like this was a good. I was the first person to express interest in the bed, I was able to get a couple of pictures of it and after just a couple of minutes of explaining to Ken that I found a bed and it was only $100......he said it was a good deal and agreed that we should get it. 

So on Thursday we borrowed my Dad's truck and went to pick up our new bed. I've been a little tired this week (there is something about Daylight Savings Time that KILLS me) and so I wasn't quite ready to set up the bed yet and it sat in our front room in pieces for a little over a day. But today- We put it together! Ken and I are a pretty good team and this time J even helped out.


 I just couldn't help myself, it's my beautiful bed!


The completely finished product, J loves it. He especially loves that he can crawl under it much more easily than he could with the old bed frame. J got stuck under our bed a few weeks ago- the old bed frame was not only just plain not tall enough for him to fit all the way through, but his clothes got stuck on one of the middle bars. He was not a happy boy that day. Today on the other hand, he climbed through easily and when he popped out the other side he said "This is my NEW TIME TUNNEL!!!!" 


Oh, and I forgot to mention, when we picked the bed up I was telling Ken how happy I was that we were able to find such a nice, pretty bed for such a good price and Ken said "Happy Birthday!" He gives the best presents.

No comments: