Friday, March 1, 2013

Looks like we missed February.....oops

Just thought I'd let you know, I'm doing okay. Yes, I didn't blog about anything for the entire month of February, but I think that's forgivable and since February and February is kind of a BLAH month.

We had a fabulous Valentines day around here. Ken was in charge of planning it and he did a great job. We went to dinner at a local restaurant called "Porter's Place", they serve a drink there called Ironport- which is a soft drink from the early part of the 20th century, and yes, that's pretty much why we went there. Ken had never tried it. We decided that Ironport tastes like a fruity and slightly peppery root beer. We had other food, but I think the highlight was the Ironport. They have a lunch counter at Porters Place with seats made of old tractor seats. I want take the boys there for an ice cream sundae and let them sit at the counter. I think they would love it- SO- sometime in the future, when this want becomes a reality, you will see some pretty cute pictures of us at Porter's Place. Back to Valentines, after dinner Ken gave me several options of what we could do next. A Movie was on the list but I was tired and pretty sure I would fall asleep, so I chose the "Let's go to Barnes and Nobel and buy Jeff Wheeler's newest book" option. Well, Barnes and Nobel was offering the book online but they didn't have it at the store (are you interested in reading a good book- or MANY GOOD BOOKS- You can buy any and all of Jeff's books on Amazon, check them out here) We've since picked up a copy online. After the book store we headed over to the Mall, WHERE I was a winner, and by winner I mean I remembered I had a gift card to Maurice's YAY I was able to get a cute sweater and some hair flowers there and I found a cute white button up shirt on clearance at Forever XXI. Ken sure knows how to plan a good Valentines date :)

I've been running and I'm right on track to be prepared for the Utah Valley Half Marathon in June. I can pretty easily run 5 or 6 miles and I am really happy with my speed. I've been trying hard to avoid injury and in December and February I actually decided to move a little slower with my training (I decided to stay at a certain distance for a week or two longer rather than moving on and adding distance in my training every week) And I am very pleased with what I've been able to accomplish. I feel good, I feel healthy. I've been trying to watch what I'm eating, more veggies, less sweets AND guess what? I've lost a few pounds too. So yeah, I feel good :) I was going to put a picture of me covered in snow after a run....but I can't find the camera :(

February was also the end of our 3 months of healing after the miscarriage and D&C in November. So, that means we have high hopes for getting (and staying) pregnant. I've been wondering if I'm emotionally strong enough to do this, to try. I've thought, I've prayed, I've searched the internet.....and then prayed some more. I went to the temple yesterday and I can truly say, and I hope I always remember, that I trust God, I trust in his plan, and whatever happens, well, it happens. I have high hopes that happy things will happen, but if they don't it's not because we haven't prepared and most definitely not because we aren't worthy of such blessings. Ken and I have a wonderful little family, we have faith and we have love to give and we hope that we will be able to have more children. But if not, we will be okay, we are blessed with a wonderful life and we will continue to have a wonderful life. That said- any prayers you are willing to offer on our behalf would be greatly appreciated.

So, that's February. We are happy and excited for March! YAY!

No comments: