Friday, November 30, 2012

My New Picture

I was at my parents house earlier this week. It was a very fun time. I got to work out in the garage with my dad for a little bit, he helped me make a gift for Ken. (AND I've got a few more wood working projects that I've decided I need to do, Dad doesn't know it yet, but we are going to spend some more time out in the garage :) I love my Dad. I love my Mom too, and this next part is because of her ) After finishing up my little project I found my Mom down in her little craft area. That place is full of interesting things, it's never the same place twice. This time I was looking at a stack of pictures and things and I came across this picture.

It's a picture of depicting this short, yet very meaningful to me, story from the New Testament-Matthew Chapter 9.
 20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an aissue ofbblood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be awhole.
 22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee awhole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
( I copied and pasted that from an online version of the New Testament)

So- I saw this picture and I knew the story, but in the moment, my heart wanted that woman to be me. I still feel so broken. I don't know what was wrong, or if anything was wrong, with me, with those little babies I wanted so badly to help to make. I have moments when I feel whole and normal and even hopeful. But then there are other times when I feel so very empty. I want to feel full of life again, I want to feel like me. It's my "issue". 

I loved this picture and I decided I needed it. My Mom said that it was the only one at the store near her house BUT I have the same type store near me, so today I went down to that store and looked hopefully through their unframed pictures and I FOUND IT! Then I went down to the local thrift sore and I found a frame that I thought would look nice with it. Now, it is on my living room wall. I will look at it and remember that I can and will be whole. 

Thanks Mom!

No comments: