Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ride'em Cowboy!

We went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point this week. We didn't get a Membership this year and so we haven't gone and done ANYTHING FUN! That is until August and it's famed 2 Buck Tuesdays! I hadn't planned very well it got to be the last Monday of the Month and I was planning on taking the boys over to the Farm the next day. Luckily Cousin Anna and her Mom Melissa were also planning the same thing- so we had friends- even more luckily- we had friends with a camera. 

J has been talking about the "Merry Go Round" at Thanksgiving Point for a few weeks. He has a good memory, it has been way more than a year since we've been to Farm Country- but I guess the opportunity to ride live horses is something that a three year old boy just can't forget. 

Here is what J looked like the very first time I let him ride the horses at Farm Country. This the end of May 2009- so he would have been 14 months old. (On a funny little side note- Baby B is wearing this same outfit today- WEIRD!) 

And here is what my sweet little J looked like on Tuesday- 2 years and 2 months later, he is 3 years and 4 months old and he rode that little horse like a PRO!

I think we might need to get a membership next year.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Cute pics! Wish I could have taken advantage of two buck Tuesdays. We didn't renew our membership this year either.

Kristen said...

Aw. I love that place! Happy memories of taking our boys there when they were the same ages as your boys! I need to break out the albums...