Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Date for Mommy and J

Last Friday J and I had a Date. This is the second Mommy J date we have had in a couple of weeks and J seems to LOVE them, and to tell you the truth, I love them too. This time we went to the Movies! 
 It was J's 2nd time at a movie theater- we took him to a movie when he was about 18 months old, basically because we were on vacation and all the kids were going....but he was NOT READY for theaters. This time he did great! We saw Winnie the Pooh at the dollar theater. Ken and I figured if the movie didn't work out (i.e. J freaked out) we had only wasted two dollars. But like I said, he did great, He even gave our tickets to the ticket taker guy. 
 I told J that he could pick where we sat, he ran to the front row and sat right down.......we then had a conversation about how the front row looks appealing but it is really not all that fun once the movie starts......after which, J decided that he wanted to sit on the second to last row.
During the premovie show and the previews J danced in the aisle. He got DOWN! When he needs to dance there truly is no stopping him, and I think it was a good thing, it got lots of energy out. He was able to sit in his seat and watch about 75% of the movie, the other 25% was spent laying on the floor, moving from his seat to the one next to it and back, and begging me for more candy. I guess it was also good that the movie was only about an hour long.

 So, we spent $2 at the movies and then we went to Baskin Robbins and got Ice Cream for FREE! Well not really for free, last Christmas my Manager and Director at the hospital gave me $20 in Star Bucks- which are giant fake money that is good for use at Intermountain Healthcare Cafeterias or Salt Lake area Baskin Robbins- Rock On!
 I let J choose his own flavor. He wanted something green. After sampling a few green flavors, and he chose Daiquiri Ice, which I remember liking as a child BUT I really didn't like it that day when I tried it. I had Lemon Sorbet- which was quite refreshing.


My J is quite silly. He wanted only a sugar cone, but then he wanted to eat his ice cream with the little tiny taster spoon.
 You have to admit, he was very cute while using his little tiny spoon.
Once all the ice cream was gone he chowed down on the sugar cone, and who wouldn't, I mean, it's made from SUGAR right?

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

So cute to take him! He looks like my little J used to!