Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Firsts

A first for me, growing spaghetti squash. I planted it months ago and I put some bamboo posts next to it thinking, "Maybe it will climb?" Well it didn't climb up the posts, but it did climb up my window. See my two cute little spaghetti squashes, they don't know how to do anything but GROW! I need to Google and see how to tell when they are ready to pick!
Now a first for my J- Preschool! J has been excited to go to school since I told him about it a few weeks ago. His initial reaction was "Me ride the School BUS!" and after a few attempts to let him know that preschoolers typically don't get to ride the school bus I decided to make him a school bus (thanks Miss Leanne for the idea). So the week before school started J and I went to the craft store and got some yellow poster-board, then we returned home and I crafted this beautiful bus!
And J drove his bus to orientation, and then he drove it again on the first day of school. He didn't have to drive far, the Little Thinkers Preschool is across the street and 8 doors down from us.

The boys and I were out running the morning of the first day of school and two school buses passed us. J yelled out to the first one "I love you School Bus! I see you later!"

Here he is, my sweet little J and his teacher, Miss Leanne. I am amazed at how much fun he is having, how much more confident he seems (especially since he was already an amazingly confident little boy) and how much he is learning each day.
J is at preschool right now, today was his day to bring the letter bag- his letter was B and we went around the house finding things that started with B. He is sharing some toys a Bear, his Baby Bird, and a Ball. He also chose a Book a can of Black Beans (alliteration, I was quite proud of that one) and a picture of his Baby Brother B. There were even a couple of other things he found this morning that we added to the bag. Since Monday we have been talking about all the B things around us, it is so cute to hear him say "Bag, Buh Buh Buh BAG!" or "Building, Buh Buh Buh Building!" I really love how he practices the sound.

Thanks Grandma Turner for helping out so J can go to Preschool, we love it!

No comments: