Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Fruits of our Labor

I was sitting at my kitchen table this morning and I saw something WONDERFUL! Strawberries! 
(Okay, so I really saw the strawberries last week, but I did write that sentence and take these pictures last week too. We had kind of a busy week last week........as you may have already seen)
So the strawberries didn't look ready to pick, and I left them to ripen, I am amazed that I haven't been out there every day checking on their progress. I think we will pick them as a family. Maybe tonight, who knows!

Look, I made peas! They tasted god, I picked them immediately after getting photographic proof.
My "4th of July" tomato plant, that promised fruit by the 4th of July must be using a different calendar than I am. Because this was a few days after the 4th and....I guess there is fruit but I was kind of expecting red fruit. I am still excited for tomatoes! YEAH!
I got two kinds of squash, Yellow and Spaghetti, I don't remember which plant this is, but as you can see, it's flowering! I hope to eat some squash soon too. I love squash!
So, there you go, the fruits of our labor, This quite possibly could be our best garden yet....now.... if I could just remember to weed.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Woo hoo! I love love love love love harvest time. Great job! I can't wait to show you our garden when you come. But I hope you're not expecting to see any melons - they're still, um, hibernating or something.