Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Super Swing with some Super People

Have you ever been on a Super Swing? I have. I happen to know the secret location of one, here's a hint, Uncle Weldon designed it. That's all I am going to say. If you can divine it's location from that hint then you might be able to take a swing too! Uncle Weldon wanted to recreate the feeling of singing in the barn (I totally knew the name of the contraption when I was swinging, now all I can think of is Hay, and Barns and Lifts....sorry) anyway, this is quite the swing. See, I'm having fun!
Looking skinny too!
Ken took a turn, this picture shows pretty much the entire swing, the frame is pretty huge then there is a pretty long log suspended by ropes and chains, Weldon used a chain to swing one end of the log back and forth, the swing is suspended from the other end of the log and it can whip you around, pretty far, pretty fast. We both enjoyed it, but by the end of my ride I was feeling a little motion sick. You never took the same path twice. I would say, if you ever get the chance to Swing on a Super Swing, do it!
Here's Ken again, looking like Superman.
See how long that log/arm is! 
Here he is, the creator of the super swing, Uncle Weldon, working hard.
We even let J have a turn, he was pretty excited and so were all the women, there was a lot of loud speaking, not yelling, just loud speaking "Not So High" "Not So Fast" You know, all those things we women say.
Even though the picture is blurry, you can tell he was having the time of his life!
Ken got back on the swing so that J could go a little higher and a little faster, J had the biggest smile! He loved it.
After the swinging was over, J took some pictures, he is becoming quite the little artist. This one is a little blurry yes, but I think it tells a good story.
Here's Grandma Wheeler, I told Ken I thought this could have been a professionally taken picture, great shot for a 3 year old, don't you think?
Aunt Donna's portrait also turned out fabulous! What do you think? Do they look like Sisters? I think so.
And the little artist couldn't have a photo shoot without taking a self portrait. 
So that was last Friday, Dinner, Super Swing, Fun with Family that we love. 

No comments: