Monday, June 14, 2010

My Trip to California- by Little J

Well, I guess I should start by telling you that I hate Northern Nevada! I cannot believe that my Parents made me spend so many hours driving through it. Seriously, couldn't you guys have driven any faster! I was trying to tell you that I didn't want to be there, but no, you just kept driving and driving through that Desert!

Finally, we got to California, and may I say, it is BEAUTIFUL, the trees, the mountains, it was all so much easier on the eyes than Northern Nevada had been. I am pleased also tell you that my Mommy only had to make a few stops and so our drive only took 11 hours! It would have taken even less time if Mommy hadn't forgotten about the California Border Stop. We got searched, because Mommy was honest and told them we were smuggling fruit into California. Luckily they only confiscated half of our oranges and let us keep all the rest of our fruit. That was Friday.

Now for my picture essay. Once we got to Rocklin, Dad did what Dad does best! He played! See this great marble tower he built with one of my cousins!
My Cousins are great hosts, they prepared this picnic in my honor!
After my picnic was over Mom and Dad made me get back in the car. Luckily they stayed in California and only drove for 2 & 1/2 hours. When we got out of the car they told me we were at Grandma and Grandpa Wheeler's house. Grandpa Wheeler held me as I drank my bedtime sippy and then, Saturday was over.
The next day, after church we went to the park and had a picnic with some of Daddy's friends. I found this great Dora helmet and scooter. People in California are nice and let you use there stuff! I look good in Pink don't you think?
On Monday Morning I became a Vampire! Well, not really I just stole a glass of strawberry punch from my mommy and it stained my face.
Then we all piled back in to the car, well two cars, a boy car and a girl car, Grandma and Grandpa were joining us for this part of our trip and so we had to caravan. We were headed to the Cabin, but first we had to stop off and recreate the picture that Aunt Em drew of me and my daddy before I was ever born! Someday we will have to put up a side by side comparison. But let me say this, Em did a very good job.
Then we let Mommy get in the picture too.
After the picture taking was over Mommy had to make yet another pit stop. Luckily there was a visitors center close by. While Mommy was gone I had a nice chat with Jesus.

We piled back into the cars and a few hours later we made it to the Cabin. Grandpa found some toys for me to play with. They were the best toys ever. It is about this time that all my days start to run together, I had so much fun up at the cabin that all the fun just mixes up in my head and I don't remember exactly when it happened.
Daddy finally gave in, and after 5 years, Mommy got to go to Columbia! I got to go too, here is a picture of us in front of an old house.
And this is me showing off. Yeah, I am a pro at using drinking fountains. I only got half my clothes wet this time.
We went on lots of Walks. Here is a picture of my Mommy trying to get me to hold her hand. I was more interested in staying hydrated.
Mommy took this picture of a blossom on a Dog Wood Tree.
I got tired of walking so I used my second favorite mode of transportation, Dad-mobile. He is pretty easy to steer when you get a good Vulcan Mind Meld going.
Then Mom saw this tree and thought it was pretty.
I slid down the biggest slide EVER at the park by the cabin.
Then I got to visit the Lake.
On Friday we left the Cabin and headed to El Dorado Hills to see more cousins. By this point in our trip I had Mom pretty well trained, if I screamed, she passed me treats. She looked back at me at one point and thought what she saw was so funny that she had to take a picture. I just thought it was good time management. If you can't tell, I am asleep, yet still contemplating my treats.
Once we got to El Dorado Hills I needed some time on my own. Uncle Scott was kind enough to let me borrow his car.
Later in the day I helped my cousins burn their old homework assignments.
And the Highlight of the trip! Dad's New House Keys!
Then on Saturday, we drove back through Northern Nevada, this time both Mommy and I cried. Poor Dad. Luckily Mommy eventually fell asleep and Dad figured out a way to entertain me and drive at the same time. I have one Smart Dad!

When we got home the House was really Hot! Mom and Dad thought they needed to replace the Thermostat. It took them 2 or 3 days to figure out that I had turned off the heating and cooling system before we left on our trip. Mom said Dad was her Hero when he got the Air Conditioner to come on.

3 comments:

HiccupMeL said...

Hi Little J, do me a favor and tell your mommy that I think she is hilarious!! And I'm quite pleased with how well you used your vulcan mind tricks to help steer your daddy. Very impressive!

Kristen said...

What a perfect post and a perfect trip. (Except for the Nevada part.) I'm glad you all survived the drive. We're taking the kiddos to CA this fall and I hope we make it back with our sanity. You're lookin' cute Kate!

angee said...

Cute! Looks like it was lots of fun!