All that dancing really tuckered J out and I needed some "Helper Free" time so that I could put the new dresser together. (We picked up a Malm 3 Drawer dresser at Ikea last fall for $39.99, it was a bargain! But bargains come at the price of having to follow the 20+ Cartoon Steps to put them together)
He sleeps this way most nights in his crib as well, all crunched up in one corner. It is pretty cute but I am afraid it means that he will fall out of bed if he ever tries to sleep in the corner without the railings. (The bed is on a towel because I cleaned and sanitized it this morning. We purchased it second/third hand....we are cheap, yet we still want to be safe and healthy)
After 15-20 minutes of his show J got lonely and decided to come help me put the dresser together. He was a really good helper, once I put the screws and nails up high and out of his reach that is. He even cheered for me! I had to put 30 nails into the back of the dresser and after each one he would gleefully say "Yeah! You Did It!" After finishing the frame I placed it in the closet, and once again, J found a new place to play.
I bought some curtains and hung them on a shower curtain/tension rod that fit perfectly up in the track for the mirrored doors. This will allow me to continue to "hide" things if needed and it looks pretty cute too.
With J's constant supervision I finished the 3 drawers and put them in the dresser. The whole project took about 3 hours and by the time we were done both of us were quite hungry and tired so we took a break. Once Ken gets home we are going to finish rearranging the room. Hopefully at that point I will get some good pictures of "The Boy's Room" and get them posted for you to see. Either way, I am pretty proud of what I accomplished today.