Saturday, July 24, 2010

Musings of a Chocolate Deprived Woman

As I type this, I am 35 weeks and 3 days pregnant. See, here is proof!
I feel much more like 5,000,000 weeks pregnant. I think I know why. First of all, I discovered I was pregnant at about 2 weeks and 3 days, OK, maybe 3 weeks. Now we ladies know that for the first 2 weeks of the 40 weeks of pregnancy, you really aren't pregnant....so yeah, I found out immediately and that has made for one LOOOOOONG wait for this baby to come. The Second reason that I am feeling so very pregnant is that this time I know I am most likely going to deliver early, like maybe around the 2nd week of August instead of the 4th week. So my mind has started counting to 38 weeks instead of 40.......this could prove to be a very bad thing especially since 38 weeks is less than 3 weeks away AND because if my am not "Ripe" at 38 weeks then the induction will get pushed back to 39 and then.....maybe even 40, so I really should just count to 40, to save my sanity.

Speaking of Sanity, I have not had anymore blood sugar related melt downs. I am sure this makes Ken pretty happy. I have been able to keep my blood sugar pretty much exactly where my doctor wants it, but this has come at a price. That price being an extreme lack of treats. I realized today that it is Chocolate Milk that I miss the most. Yes I have found some treats I can have, various sugar free puddings and cookies, but this morning I was thinking about how good I have been doing, and how it really hasn't been too much of a sacrifice and in fact it has been a good learning experience and I should really try to continue to eat this way after the baby is born, but in the back of my mind I knew that after the baby is born and I am declared "Insulin Tolerant" I will get to cheat on the diet sometimes........and the first thing I will cheat with will be sweet sweet chocolate milk! But just as soon as the back of my mind expressed that thought another thought arose, the one that made me want to cry. What thought was that?

It was something like this "But what if butterball is Lactose Intolerant and you have to cut out milk products" SWEET CHOCOLATE MILK NOOOOOOOOOO! I had to stop myself, and think about the possibility of such a random thought being true. What are the chances? I am going to say the chances are slim. But, wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake, first I have to give up sweet carbohydraterific treats for the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, and then.....OH, I must stop thinking about it. Those are the musings of a Chocolate Deprived Woman.

Let's think happier thoughts. This morning Ken and little J were sitting on the couch, reading. J is to the point where he pretty much knows his books and as you read he will parrot or even skip ahead and scream out the main words that go along with that page of the book. It was so sweet! I wish it could have gone on forever, unfortunately I pulled out the camera and a newly camera shy J clammed up. I did get one good picture of the process though.
I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse into my mind. (And I hope that sometime in the next 4 weeks I get to enjoy some chocolate!)

No comments: