Thursday, August 29, 2013

Trip to Vegas, Celine and a nice little family trip to the Strip.

We took a trip....at the end of June :) When we got home I started loading pictures onto the blog so that I could put together some blog posts....and then the computer shut down while I was moving pictures and I got mad and NEVER WENT BACK......well, it's time to let go of my frustration and just get it done. AND to be completely truthful....did you know I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant :) Yep, and I'm tired and my house is a mess and sometimes I feed my family cereal for dinner.....and I feel slightly bad for blogging when I can't get all those other things done in a normal manner. Now that I've told you the deepest secrets of my pregnant soul, Here's our trip! Vegas and San Diego and back again! It will be several posts, and you will probably see them all backwards- what FUN!

Check it out- we saw a dinosaur!
I love that my children sleep on long car rides :), it's a blessing that I do not take for granted. Also, notice how little B sleeps? It's genetic, he gets it from me.
Checking out the view from the Penthouse :) Awesome! 
This pool is 50% of the reason we stayed in Vegas for a few days.....I love lounging in a lazy river, and apparently so do my boys.
Our boys have had some swim lessons, but they don't swim- SO this 1 foot to 18 inch  baby pool was also much loved.
They would crouch down and walk around on their hands with their legs trailing behind them and scream "I'm Swimming!" or "I'm a Crocodile!" 
Nap time for Mommy, I don't have a cute plaid blanket for my head, so I just use a pillow.
And the other 50% of why in the world we would take a trip to Vegas in the middle of Summer. Celine! It was an amazing show, in fact I cried a little, which is weird because I wasn't the one who was totally excited about seeing the show.
We took the boys down to the the Vegas Strip, because we are totally awesome parents, as you can tell from this picture of our totally awesome children. 
And of course we had to see the sign!

Our condo had a shuttle bus that would take us to the south end of the strip....

 ...we then proceeded a 3.5 mile round trip, to Harra's for their buffet. It was the most expensive free meal we've ever had- thank goodness for meal vouchers, AND for the Gelato Bar at the Buffet!
 After we stuffed ourselves silly we walked over to the Pirate Ship. There was no show, which was okay with us, we just wanted to see the ship.
We arrived at the Bellagio fountain just a minute or two before a fabulous show. I think I like the fountains at the Bellagio more than fireworks!   
By this point most of us were hot and ready to go take a nap
Well, we eventually made it back to our condo and went back to the pools. 
Check it out, even my shadow has a cute little pregnant belly!
When you've got a penthouse condo, even the second bathroom has a really nice tub!
When your parents don't bring toys on trips, you have to come up with other ways to entertain yourself.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun trip!!! You got such great pictures! It looks like you had so much, you kids will always remember it :) You are such a good mom Kate, they are so lucky to have you!