Thursday, July 4, 2013

The DENTIST!!!!!

 A little over 2 years ago, J had his first visit to the dentist. At that time the hygienist explained to me that the first visit to the dentist was really "just a ride in the chair" in the hopes that the child would see that it wasn't scary and then the next time they came back they could have a full dental check up. WELL, J surprised everyone by WANTING a full check up that first time. B on the other hand......did not. 

Our appointments were scheduled for 4 and 5 pm, so I told J that we would go to the dentist after B woke up from his nap. J LOVES the dentist and so he wanted to wake his brother up! When B did wake up J said  "Brother! It's time to go to the DENTIST!!!!" and B immediately ran to my bedroom, climbed up onto my bed and got under the covers. When I went to get him, he said "No dentist! Dentist is SCARY!!!!!" We brought his blanket to help him not be scared, but it didn't really work. 

When it was B's turn, he wouldn't even sit in the chair, so Ken sat with him. He didn't want to do much more than look at the tools the hygienist showed him, I think he may have shown her his teeth....but that's about it. My Poor little B, I hope we can get him excited about the dentist before our next visit in January.

No comments: