Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Welcome Back

Look who's all grown up! That's right she's 5 months old. 

So, It's been a couple of months, I wish I could say I've been busy. I guess in my own way I have been. I've been busy snuggling with my kids and feeding the baby and trying to decide what's important for me to do. I guess sweeping the floor a couple of times, running many many miles and doing an unknown amount of laundry (it's seriously up to like 8-10 loads a week) took precedence over updating the blog. Throw in most of us getting sick with something or the other, my Grandma Turner passing away, a trip to Puerto Rico, the computer crashing and COMPLETELY frying the hard drive and a Baby Blessing......I guess I have been busy. 

So lets just start with this last weekend and I will try to work backwards from there.....and move forwards at the same time, don't worry, I can do it! I can do hard things!

We went to an Easter Egg hunt at my parents house on Saturday. This is B and his 2 cousins who are under the age of 5, plus a friend who was visiting. The kids were allowed to hunt by age- 5 and under, 8 and under and over 8......the over 8 crowed didn't get too many eggs. 
The boys got their spring/summer haircuts, so for the next few months you may be under the impression that B is bald, he is not.......his hair is just the exact same color as his scalp. Got to love that boy.
 Baby E got into the action, not by collecting eggs but by looking adorable in a little dress that her Aunt Carrie wore many, many, many years ago. Baby E wants to sit up so bad, but she's not quite there yet. 

The boys are very good egg hunters!
 We had a fabulous Easter Sunday. Ken sang with a Men's Choir at our church service. Little B gave his very first talk in children's Primary, it was about Families, and my sister Abby and I sang at my Parents church. Baby E came with me when I sang and the boys and Ken spent the afternoon together at home before joining us at the Turners for dinner. Apparently the boys had a little Egg Picnic. 
It was a fabulous Easter weekend. I realized after the fact that I didn't make any Easter Baskets and we didn't take a picture with all of us dressed nicely. I was a little worried about that. But then I thought about what we did do for Easter. We talked a lot about our Savior, Jesus Christ. In fact- on Saturday I asked the boys "Is the Easter Bunny real?" and they quickly chimed in "No!" and so I asked, "Who is important on Easter?" and they, in their 6 and 3 year old excitement about life screamed "Jesus!!!!" and I asked why and they told me that we have Easter because Jesus died and then was resurrected. When I thought about that I decided that I hadn't let my children down at all by not presenting them with a basket full of candy, we've given them more than candy and a celebration of spring, we've helped them find the foundations of their Testimony, they know about and love Jesus Christ and they are grateful that he was resurrected! YAY for Easter!

No comments: